There are several variables that go into a successful, secure match. Your criteria and your priorities play a factor in determining how long your matching process will be. The stricter you are with your criteria (i.e, age range, marital status, etc), the longer it takes to match. In 2018, SurrogateFirst’s average match time was 6-8 weeks.
- The average cost of gestational surrogacy starts at $120,000 and is impacted by five main factors: number of attempts to achieve pregnancy, surrogate compensation and expenses, agency and legal fees, health insurance, and medical costs for prenatal care and delivery.
|Item||Amount ($)||Due Upon|
|Agency Fee on Initial Match||TBD||Agency Contract Signed 50 %;
upon Legal Clearance 50 %
|Surrogate Criminal and Financial Background Check||250||Deposit on Signing Agency Contract|
|Home Evaluation||200||Deposit on Signing Agency Contract|
|Surrogate Psychological screening||400||Deposit on Signing Agency Contract|
|Health Insurance Verification||330||Deposit on Signing Agency Contract|
|Medical Clearance Appointment Travel Deposit for GC & GC Companion (Cost dependant on location of GC and IVF Clinic)||1,000||Deposit on Signing Agency Contract|
|Prospective Parent Attorney Fee - Drafting (1,000 - 2,500)||2,500||on Medical Clearance from IVF Doctor, fees various depends on different state|
|Surrogate Attorney Fee - Review||1,500|
|Surrogate Contract Notary Fee||150|
|Escrow Management Fee||1,500||Fund in 3rd Party Escrow Account on Legal Clearance $70,000.00|
|Life Insurance (lost organ coverage monthly)||250|
|Travel Expense: GC & GC Companion Cycle Appointments (Various)||1,000|
|Surrogate Life Insurance (300K-400K)||550|
|Health Insurance Search & Application Submission (if needed)||400|
|Health Insurance Payment Plan (if needed)||300|
|Surrogate Insurance Reimbursement & Deductibles (Annual) - If GC doesn't have surrogate friendly insurance||10,000||NOTE: It is required to keep a minimum $20,000 USD balance in escrow after surrogate is pregnant; otherwise intended parents are requested to replenish the escrow within 5 business days.|
|Annual Psychological Support Fee (10 Months)||Optional|
|Surrogate Recreational Activities & Retreat (850$)||Optional|
|Surrogate Annual Wellness Program||799|
|Surrogate Legal Clearance Fee||500|
|Injection Fee (Per Transfer)||250|
|Surrogate IVF Transfer (Per Transfer)||900|
|Fixed Surrogate Ccompensation per cycle (1st Time Non-CA 35,000 $35K, CA $40K; Repeat Non-CA $45K+, CA $50K+)||35,000|
|Fixed Surrogate Benefit*** (Appox. 400$/m please refer to Surrogate Compensation Sheet )||7,000|
|Legal Birth Order Arrangements||6,500|
|IP Criminal Background Investigation (only if needed)||300|
|Total||$100,000 - $120,000|
Note: Excluding IVF medical expense which is directly paid to clinics & pharmacies.
Note: ****For detailed Surrogate Compensation $ Benefit please refer to Surrogate Compensation Sheet
|Costs Excluding During Pregnancy|
|Item||Amount ($)||Due Upon|
|Surrogate Lost Wages||TBD|
|Surrogate Bed Rest/Restricted Activity||TBD||$150 HouseKeeping / Week
$250 Childcare / Week
|Surrogate Child Care Assitance||TBD||$100 / Day|
|Cesarean Section Fee||3,000|
|Multiple Pregnancy (additional $5,000 per fetus)||5,000|
|Other Possible Costs: Lost Organs, Mock Cycle, Ccle Canceling Fee, Invasive Procedure, etc. Refer to Surrogate Compensation Sheet.||Various|
- In the United States, surrogacy is legal in many states, but it is an ever changing legal landscape.
- Not every state is right for every Intended parent; for example, some states do not recognize non-biological parents, or same-sex couples.
- SurrogateFirst ensures we find a surrogate that fits your criteria and is legally cleared.
The short answer is No. Legal papers are created and signed by you and your surrogate before your journey begins. This legal agreement explicitly gives all parental rights to the Intended parents.
- A pre-birth order is a document that establishes the Intended Parent(s) as the legal parents of the baby to be born.
- Typically, the associated documents are started in the second trimester and signed at least two (2) months prior to the birth.
- Most health insurance policies do not cover surrogacy expenses. Some insurance policies do cover some of the fertility treatment, but this will usually be limited to treatment for the insured, not the surrogate.
- At SurrogateFirst, we work with top-rated fertility insurance experts who provide our Intended Parents with the most comprehensive and highest value insurance plan options.
- Intended Parent(s) have as much contact as they wish with their surrogate. During our matching process, your Case Manager works with you to find a surrogate who shares your expectations and we support you both as the relationship evolves.
- The SurrogateFirst family is comprised of former Intended Parents and experienced Surrogates who truly empathize with your current journey and share the same perspective, whether you are trying to create a family or seeking to be a potential surrogate. At SurrogateFirst, we are driven by our Core Values: we WOW, we provide Guidance with Compassion & Expertise, and we provide Personal Attention & Accessibility. At SurrogateFirst, you will have a team dedicated to serving you who is accessible at anytime to guide you through every step of your journey. Our goal is to WOW you with our approach and expertise so your journey to parenthood is exceptional in every way. We look forward to helping you realize your dreams just as we did.
- We have a process that includes matching you with a surrogate who fits with your criteria and is ready to help you. To get started APPLY HERE