There are several variables that go into a successful, secure match. Your criteria and your priorities play a factor in determining how long your matching process will be. The stricter you are with your criteria (i.e, age range, marital status, etc), the longer it takes to match. In 2018, SurrogateFirst’s average match time was 6-8 weeks.
- The average cost of gestational surrogacy can range from $90,000 to $120,000 and is impacted by five main factors: surrogate compensation and expenses, number of attempts to achieve pregnancy, agency and legal fees, health insurance, and medical costs for prenatal care and delivery.
|Item||Amount ($)||Due Upon|
|Agency Fee||20,000||Agency Arrangement Signed @ Match 50%; @ Legal Clearance 50%|
|California Surrogate($2,000)||As Needed||Agency Arrangement Signed @ Match 50% @ Legal Clearance 50%|
|International Fee($5K-$15K)||As Needed||Agency Arrangement Signed @ Match 50% @ Legal Clearance 50%|
|Surrogate Criminal and Financial Background Check||250||Escrow amount of $5,000 due at Match to cover expenses|
|Surrogate Psychological screening||450||Escrow amount of $5,000 due at Match to cover expenses|
|Health Insurance Verification||250||Escrow amount of $5,000 due at Match to cover expenses|
|Medical Clearance Appointment Travel Deposit for GC & GC Companion (fees vary depending on location of GC and IVF Clinic)||1,000||Escrow amount of $5,000 due at Match to cover expenses|
|Prospective Parent Attorney Fee - Drafting||2,500||Medical Clearance from IVF Doctor, fees vary depending on different state|
|Surrogate Attorney Fee - Review||1,500||Medical Clearance from IVF Doctor, fees vary depending on different state|
|Surrogate Contract Notary Fee||150||Medical Clearance from IVF Doctor, fees vary depending on different state|
|Fixed Surrogate Compensation per cycle
(1st Time Non-CA $35K, CA $40K; Repeat Non-CA $45K+, CA $50K+)
|35,000||Legal Clearance -Fully fund 3rd Party Escrow
Account $70,000.00 **
|Escrow Management Fee||1,500|
|Travel Expense: GC & GC Companion Cycle Appointments||2,000|
|Surrogate Life Insurance (300K-400K)||750|
|Health Insurance Search & Application Submission (if needed)||450|
|Health Insurance Payment Plan (if needed)||300|
|Surrogate Insurance Reimbursement & Deductibles (Annual if GC doesn't have surrogate friendly insurance)||10,000|
|Surrogate Annual Wellness Program||800|
|Injection Fee (Per Transfer)||300|
|Surrogate IVF Transfer (Per Transfer)||1,200|
|Surrogate Benefits (monthly allowance, maternity clothing, etc.)*||5,000|
|Legal Birth Order Arrangements||5,500|
|IP Criminal Background Investigation (only if needed)||300|
|Total(90K - 120K)||$89,200|
Note: Excluding IVF medical expense which is directly paid to clinics & pharmacies.
Note: Cost above reflect costs for one cycle.
**Note: Required to maintain a minimum $20,000 USD balance in escrow after surrogate is pregnant.
Besides the fixed and direct costs associated with surrogacy listed below are the other related potential feed that intended parents need to be
aware of to understand the full scope of financial commitments to complete the journery.
|Surrogate Benefits Details*|
|Item||Amount ($)||Due Upon|
|Monthly Allowance @ Signing||2,400||Allowance is $200/month estimated for 12 months|
|Mock Cycle Fee||250||Based on IVF clinic medical protocol|
|Monthly Clothing||600||For multiples the budget is $900|
|House Keeping Allowance||600||$75 per service usually starting at week 24|
|Massage Therapy||250||During 3rd trimester with doctor approval with a certified massage therapist|
|Childcare||500||Doctor appointment and other duties; estimated $100 per occasion|
|Total($5,000 - $6,000)||$4,600|
|Infant Related Fees|
|Item||Amount ($)||Due Upon|
|Newborn Insurance Search & Application||500||On Week 12 of Pregnancy|
|Insurance for Intended Parent & New Born Singleton||TBD||On Week 12 of Pregnancy|
|Hospital Medical Cash Pay for Full-Ferm New Born Care: Singleton $1-4K, Twins $10K or TBD||2,500||Baby Hospital Discharge|
- In the United States, surrogacy is legal in many states, but it is an ever changing legal landscape.
- Not every state is right for every Intended parent; for example, some states do not recognize non-biological parents, or same-sex couples.
- SurrogateFirst ensures we find a surrogate that fits your criteria and is legally cleared.
The short answer is No. Legal papers are created and signed by you and your surrogate before your journey begins. This legal agreement explicitly gives all parental rights to the Intended parents.
- A pre-birth order is a document that establishes the Intended Parent(s) as the legal parents of the baby to be born.
- Typically, the associated documents are started in the second trimester and signed at least two (2) months prior to the birth.
- Most health insurance policies do not cover surrogacy expenses. Some insurance policies do cover some of the fertility treatment, but this will usually be limited to treatment for the insured, not the surrogate.
- At SurrogateFirst, we work with top-rated fertility insurance experts who provide our Intended Parents with the most comprehensive and highest value insurance plan options.
- Intended Parent(s) have as much contact as they wish with their surrogate. During our matching process, your Case Manager works with you to find a surrogate who shares your expectations and we support you both as the relationship evolves.
- The SurrogateFirst family is comprised of former Intended Parents and experienced Surrogates who truly empathize with your current journey and share the same perspective, whether you are trying to create a family or seeking to be a potential surrogate. At SurrogateFirst, we are driven by our Core Values: we WOW, we provide Guidance with Compassion & Expertise, and we provide Personal Attention & Accessibility. At SurrogateFirst, you will have a team dedicated to serving you who is accessible at anytime to guide you through every step of your journey. Our goal is to WOW you with our approach and expertise so your journey to parenthood is exceptional in every way. We look forward to helping you realize your dreams just as we did.
- We have a process that includes matching you with a surrogate who fits with your criteria and is ready to help you. To get started APPLY HERE