Watch our webinar "Surrogate Qualifications Explained" from our resident experienced surrogate to understand the first steps of the surrogacy journey.
Three-time surrogate, Ashley Mareko, shares surrogacy qualifications in one of our latest webinars.
Ashley will go over the gestational surrogacy requirements and some of the reasonings behind them:
- Age between 21-40 years old
- BMI between 18-32
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal resident or legal immigrant
- Live in a surrogate-friendly state in the U.S.
- Not currently on governmental financial support
- Healthy reproductive history with no major complications during pregnancies and birth
- Must have given birth to and be raising at least one child
- Six months need to pass since last vaginal or cesarean birth
- Be willing to undergo subcutaneous and intramuscular injections
- A non-smoker living in a non-smoking home
- No history of criminal activity, no felony convictions
- Must not use illicit drugs
- No history of clinical mental illness
- Cannot be on anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medication for past 12 months
- Must allow background checks both Surrogate and husband/partner
- Surrogate and Partner willing to undergo psychological consultation
- Ability to travel as needed for surrogacy appointments and potential overnight stays
- Must agree to a home visit with all persons and pets currently residing in the home
Ready to get started on your surrogacy journey? Contact our experts here if you have any questions.